- Download the plugin from Templatic member area.
- Navigate to wp-admin ⇨ Plugins ⇨ Add New ⇨ Upload. Use the “Browse” button to load the previously downloaded .zip file. Click on “Install Now” to confirm.
- Once the plugin is finished installing click on the “Activate” button.
Using the plugin
Paid Claims is a plugin that allows you to monetize the claim ownership form. Before submitting the claim all claimants will have to pay a price that you set. Before using the Paid Claims add-on you should learn as much as you can about the existing claim ownership functionality. Please open the Directory theme guide for more information about claim ownership.
There is only one thing you must do before using the Paid Claims add-on. You must enable the claim ownership functionality. Do this from wp-admin ⇨ Tevolution ⇨ Settings ⇨ Claim Ownership (tab). Simply select the post types for which you want claim ownership enabled.
Managing submitted claims
All claims submitted using the claim ownership form can be managed from Tevolution ⇨ Submitted Claims. From this section you can read claim details and of course approve or deny a claim.
Payments for ownership claims can be reviewed from Tevolution ⇨ Transactions. Claim ownership payments will have a “Claimed Ownership” value inside the “Price Package” column. When you see that a claim has been paid for navigate to Tevolution ⇨ Submitted Claims to review/verify the claim.
Set a claim price
Use the Tevolution ⇨ Settings ⇨ Claim Ownership (tab) section to set a default claim price which will be applied to all listings. If you want to change the price of a particular listing do so by editing the listing inside the back-end. The claim price will be displayed inside the top left corner of the page.
Note: The claim price can also be entered from the Quick Edit screen.
Bulk edit claim prices
To edit the claim price of multiple listings at once please install the Custom Field Bulk Editor plugin. With the plugin installed please follow these steps to bulk edit the listing claim price…
- Navigate to Listings ⇨ Bulk Edit Fields
- Select the listings you want to edit by checkmarking the boxes on the left side.
- Enter claiming_price as the “Custom Field Name”.
- Enter your price (just the number) inside the Value field.
- Click on “Save Custom Fields” at the bottom to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add more payment gateways?
The Paid Claims plugin utilizes the payment methods/gateways you have available inside the Tevolution ⇨ Monetization ⇨ Payment Gateways section. New gateways can be added by purchasing premium extensions.
How to translate the plugin?
You can translate the plugin by using the language file located inside the /languages folder. For instructions on handling PO and POT files open the following article