Coming Soon WordPress theme

If you think we are announcing some upcoming news, sorry to disappoint. The fact is, just this morning while starting the day, suddenly one of our team member mentioned that we haven’t released a freebie recently.

Quite true. The reason we haven’t released a freebie is because there are lots and lots of free themes available on the net and we wouldn’t release “Yet another WordPress theme” unless we do have something unique to offer. Earlier, we’ve released unique free themes such as Visiting Card, LiveTweet, GTD and Aggregator themes which are totally different than the simple blog themes. So if we want to release a theme, we needed to do something unique.

On the other hand, development schedule is a bit tight at templatic office considering the upcoming exciting projects we are working on. For us, completing this freebie as quick as possible was important too.

So we started working on “Coming Soon” wordpress theme – something that we can develop in a day, can be useful in lots of different ways and Can be customized as per the user’s choice. Just before few minutes we completed the development of this theme and here’s the theme for you to download.

Can be used in lots of different ways

• Use as a Coming soon page for your website / Application / Software
  • Showcase your product in one single page with featured image and description on the right. Lots of iPhone App websites are built this way. You can use this theme to create a website just like that.
  • Showcase your digital product by creating a very quick website by previewing screen shots.
  • Use this theme as a list builder by enabling Feed burner Subscription Form from the design settings.
  • Any other way you want.

Customize per your imagination.

In the design settings, we have provided all the options to choose colors of your choice in every aspects of the theme. You may change fonts, background color or image, content color, product image and so on. So, your imagination is the limit. Be a little bit creative and create a unique design for yourself.  The color picker will help you choose any colors of your choice without having to know exact color codes. Check some of the quick customization we did with this theme.

Demo & Download

View live demo here and Download the Coming Soon theme

How to use?

Once you upload and activate the theme, you should see “Coming Soon Theme Options” link in your wp-admin > Appearance section. You will find all the versatile design settings there. You can change content, images, colors and other aspects of the theme from here itself.

Note: This is just a single page theme for the unique purpose explained above. It does not support wordpress pages, posts or categories.

Your feedback please

We’d love to know what you think of this quick fun project we did on this Friday. Love this theme? Hate it? We’re all ears. Shoot your comments via comment form below.

42 thoughts on “Coming Soon WordPress theme

1. Bhavesh, your thought process behind each and every one of your offerings is what makes you unique. It’s a brilliantly simple theme and in this utter simplicity lies it’s sophistication. I’m sure I will create wonders (1-page wonders :) from this theme. Thank you and keep up the good work.

2. I love that you’re not releasing the “same old” freebie theme. Nice work! Just gave you a RT!

3. James says:

Fantastic idea guys. Truly unique (as said above) and totally useful! I’m nabbing mine now! :D

4. Matthew says:

Hello,

Thank you for this freebie! :)

I tried using your Aggregator theme, but it’s broken with wordpress 3. All the link structures and files aren’t correct.

Hope you could fix this awesome theme.

Thanks!

1. R.Bhavesh says:

we will look into this issue and fix it. Also we think aggregator theme will get some unique features in the upcoming upgrade.

1. Matthew says:

Thank you – I look forward to the update! :)

5. WP Dezign says:

Could also be used as a sales page.. very good idea and best of all it’s free :D

6. Enk. says:

I likes this theme. Good work Bhavesh and Co. ! ;)

7. kpretlaw says:

Since this is a theme, it can’t overlay an existing themed site, correct? In other words, if I install this theme, I can’t retain thebalance of my it in it’s current form.

1. R.Bhavesh says:

nope. This theme works as a single page website at your wordpress install.

8. Philip says:

hi to the templatic crew,
    i can’t install the theme, not found on the theme broswer,

i run wp3.0 (final)

thanks a lot
    Philip

1. R.Bhavesh says:

Hi philip, we have built this theme in 3.0 itself and don’t really see any issues. Maybe you can try in some other, different way?

Anyone else facing similar issues?

9. Rachel says:

I’m trying to use this in 3.0.1 but the Save Changes button isn’t working (none of them are). Reset button works though…

10. Rocky says:

I’m having the same issues here as Rachel. I too am using WP3.0.1 the save changes button isn’t working, just the reset button.

Please help.

Thanks!

1. R.Bhavesh says:

Seems like we need to fix something in here. Expect an update soon

11. Aad says:

@ R. Bhavesh

Do you have any idea how long it takes to fix the bug for wp3.0.1?

A part of my websiteplan is based on this theme.

1. R.Bhavesh says:

per my latest knowledge, this is fixed. please download latest version of the zip

12. Naweed says:

Hey R.Bhavesh,

I’m trying to setup email subscriptions but the feedburner keeps linking to templatic’s.. quite confusing.
    I’ll post in the support forums shortly.

Naweed

1. R.Bhavesh says:

Hi naweed,

what address you are mentioning in the design settings?

1. Naweed says:

Hey,

The feedburner links to Templatic ID.

Changed it, added new feed on feedburner.com but it keeps reading Templatics feed.

I’m trying to setup an email subscription instead of feed updates for users… it’s not going right for me.

13. Simon Owen says:

I’ve had the same ‘feedburner links to Templatic ID’ problem with another Templatic theme last week (latest release of WP Store).

I have tried but cannot find where to change ‘from’ the Templatic ID.

14. Whoa! I bookmarked your Aggregator them back in Jan, now when I’m all set up to use it, find out it won’t work with WordPress 3. Anxiously awaiting the fix, and thanks for your gr8 and truly unique free themes! :)

15. leander says:

thanks so much for this!

16. Adrian says:

I installed Aggregator theme on a new and fresh WordPress 3.2.1 installation and it’s all broken… too bad. The idea is brilliant…

1. Vedran says:

Hi,
      If you’re a registered member please create a ticket in helpdesk or a thread in the forums. We’ll try to fix whatever issue you’re experiencing.

Thanks!
      Vedran

1. Adrian says:

Sorry,

My WP on localhost was buggy. Installed on a Fresh WP installation and it’s working fine.

//news.askmontreal.com

1. Vedran says:

Hi Adrian,
          It’s not a problem, glad you managed to fix the problem :)

1. Adrian says:

Actually, I had a new problem with Aggregator theme and Feed WordPress plugin compatibility:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie_Cache_MySQL

I fixed by installing and configuring the plugin first and change the default theme to Aggregator theme right after.

I hope this will help somebody.

Thanks for the theme. It’s simply brilliant idea.

17. Dean says:

1. Vedran says:

No, there is no such functionality at the moment

18. Hi there,

I left the note below as a customer support ticket at the templatic help desk, but then I thought it might be more appropriate here instead. My note is below the pound signs.

p.s. As others have already said, thanks for the freebie!

#####

I’m writing to let you know about a small problem I’ve found with the “Coming Soon” theme for wordpress, designed by R. Bhavesh.

I downloaded and installed this theme as a simple placeholder for a website for an ebook I’m about to publish as it looked like a good and simple option.

It is. I did find a small problem with it however that I wanted to let you know about.

When viewing the website on my large desktop monitor, it looks great.

When viewing it on my small screened laptop however, I noticed that the webpage takes up more space than is viewable on the monitor.

There is a scrollbar at the edge of the browser window, but it appears that it only works for the text portion on the right hand side of the screen. It does not move the “product image” portion of the webpage.

This occurs in both firefox and internet explorer.

If you’d like to look at my website yourself to see what I’m talking about, go to http://www.libertyfrye.com.

If you are using a large enough monitor to display the entire webpage (i.e. such that no scroll bar appears at the edge of the browser window), simply decrease the size of the browser window so that the entire page doesn’t fit in it.

I hope this note isn’t too confusing. I just wanted to let you know about this problem.

1. Vedran says:

Hi there
      Coming Soon theme doesn’t feature a responsive design (like our Responsive or Vacation Rental themes) so this is how it’s supposed to work. We won’t be changing this anytime soon.

19. Any chance of a ‘notify me’ or ‘add your email address for updates’ etc so we can collect email data while the site is under construction and then a few days before launch, an email can be sent notifying interested people about the launch date?

1. Vedran says:

Sorry to disappoint but there is no such functionality. You would have to add it yourself.

20. Do you have html & css for this template only?
    Please share it.

Thanks and best regards!

1. Vedran says:

Hi
      No, this only comes as a WordPress theme

Cheers
      Vedran

21. Great idea but when trying to install it on 3.4.1 I´ve got PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature error message.

Regards

Joao

1. Vedran says:

Hi Joao
      Coming Soon is a very old theme now and it’s very likely that it doesn’t work with 3.4.1. I’ll mention this to our devs but can’t promise anything. As an alternative, I recommend using one of many available maintenance/coming soon plugins. For example:
      //wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-coming-soon-page/

22. Anthony says:

Hi Guys,
    Love the template and I would like to use it as a landing page for a website that lives on a subfolder relative to the root folder where this theme is installed.
    Right now, the theme lives under website.com as a landing page that contains links going to something like website.com/subfolder/toronto…
    The Problem is, whenever i try to hit the subfolder page, automatically I am brought to the root folder “coming soon theme” page. Is there something in the theme that I can change so that It does allow to use subfolders within the domain? I hope you can help with this issue..

1. Vedran says:

Hi Anthony
      I don’t know what in the theme could be causing this – it’s a very simple theme. You sure it’s the theme? Have you tried turning on TwentyEleven and seeing what happens?

THIS WEEK ONLY: Get 25% discount on any of our products. Use "JS2500DG" coupon code when you checkout. Read More.