One of the cool features of our recently released Directory theme is the ability to set custom markers/icons for each category. These custom markers will be applied to the homepage map, but also the category and detail page maps. Btw, you’re allowed to use this with other themes as well, including GeoPlaces.
How to download these map icons? Download Map Icons
Directory theme owner? Here’s how you set a custom map marker
- Download the map icons by filling out the form above.
- Extract the downloaded file using software like 7-Zip.
- Navigate to wp-admin -> Media -> Add New and upload the icons to your server.
- Click on Edit once the download is complete.
- On the next screen, in the Save section copy the File URL field.
- Go to wp-admin -> Listings -> Listing categories and start adding a new category.
- Paste the URL copied earlier inside the Map Marker field.
- If you did this correctly, the custom marker should appear like in the image below.
If you need even more Google Maps icons be sure to also check nicolasmollet.com. You can also check out these Photoshop actions if you’re planning on editing any of these map icons.