One of the cool features of our recently released Directory theme is the ability to set custom markers/icons for each category. These custom markers will be applied to the homepage map, but also the category and detail page maps. Btw, you’re allowed to use this with other themes as well, including GeoPlaces.
How to download these map icons? Download Map Icons
Directory theme owner? Here’s how you set a custom map marker
- Download the map icons by filling out the form above.
- Extract the downloaded file using software like 7-Zip.
- Navigate to wp-admin -> Media -> Add New and upload the icons to your server.
- Click on Edit once download is complete.
- On the next screen, in the Save section copy the File URL field.
- Go to wp-admin -> Listings -> Listing categories and start adding a new category.
- Paste the URL copied earlier inside the Map Marker field.
- If you did correctly the custom marker should appear like in the image below.
If you need even more Google Maps icons be sure to also check nicolasmollet.com.
Need more Templatic map icons? All you have to do is to click here to download our new set of 500+ icons.