This upgrade has been in development for several weeks during which dozens of new features were added so it’s quite possible we’ll leave some of them out (from this blog post). Head over to events theme sales page to learn more about this upgrade.
Make More Money with Your Events Theme
Recurring events, Subscription packages & PayPal Pro
- While submitting a new event you’ll be presented with an option to select a regular or recurring event.
- With price packages you will be able to monetize your events site in ways that simply weren’t possible earlier. Price packages in Events v2 also feature a subscription based option meaning you don’t have to charge for each submission individually. For more on how these features work be sure to watch the video overview available on this page.
- PayPal Pro is available as one of the payment options in Events
Front End upgrades
- Yup, it’s responsive! Events v2 is designed to look good on all devices, no matter the screen size!
- In case of recurring event, it’s future dates are also shown on the events detail page.
- Your event visitors can now RSVP for the particular event.
- Own an event? You can now Claim event ownership from the events detail page.
- Map page template is added wherein you can show all the events on your site on a single map. Cool ha?
- On events listing page, a new tab is added that will show “Current” events.
Custom fields and Advanced search
- Easily edit all fields seen in the Submit Event form
- All existing and new fields can be shown on the event detail and listing page!
- Using “User profile fields” section you will be able to customize your Registration form
- Custom build your advanced search (available as a page template)
As usual, all Events V1 users can upgrade to Events V2 absolutely free!
- Anti-spam security on every form!
- Two anti-spam solutions provided: WP-reCAPTCHA and PlayThru
- Supports user permission plugin (link)
- Let your users login with Facebook. Feature enabled by Social Login plugin
- Users can now leave Facebook comments on your events using the following plugin
- Stream Facebook events directly to your theme using Facebook Events page template. See the template in action on the demo site
- Events streaming functionality is available inside user dashboard as well. Every user can connect their profile to their Facebook page and stream events
Watch the video below to see Events v2 in action and also to learn more about features mentioned here as well as those that we might have skipped in this blog post.
This list could go on but we’ll stop here and let you explore the theme further.
As always, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. Want to help us spread the word? Just click on Facebook or Twitter below and let the world know about Events v2!