Last week, our team created few free plugins and this is one them. Many users show post categories in the sidebar. Often, they are just 5-15 categories. Wouldn’t it be cool to show a nice little icon beside the category name that goes with it?
This little WordPress Category Icon plugin does exactly that. With this plugin, you will be able to show a category icon in the sidebar and before the category title in your WordPress website.
And best of all, this is an absolutely free plugin.
How to use this WordPress Category Icon plugin?
- Download this Free Post Badges Plugin from below link.
- Connect to your WordPress dashboard (wp-admin) and navigate to Plugins > Add New Plugin > Upload Plugin > Now upload the downloaded (Templatic-CategoryIcons.zip) file > Click on “Install Now”
- Once you install this plugin successfully, click on “Activate Plugin”.
- To set the Category Icons to your added categories navigate to wp-admin > Post > Categories > here you will see “Category Icons”section
- Here you can assign category icons or Font awesome tags to your category as per your choice and save the settings.
Here’s how to download this plugin Download Plugin
Show WooCommerce category icon in your site
The plugin is also tested with WooCommerce and it will work nicely with it. Show little icon beside your product categories in WooCommerce.
If you wish to change the look..
If you wish to change colors of position of the category icon to suit your design requirement, locate a little CSS class this plugin adds with the icon. You can simply add your own CSS rule to change the size, color and position of the icon, however you like it.
Hope you’ll love this little plugin we’ve created for you. If you are using this plugin on your site, let us know the URL in the comments below.